Well, here goes nothing. Wiktionary defines that saying as ‘indicates a lack of confidence or certainty about the activity about to be tried’. I guess I will live or die by what I am about to write.
The Community of Milmerran
The Board of Management of Yallambee resolved at our October meeting that we would not be responding publicly or joining in to the disgraceful Facebook campaign against our community owned aged care home. The gutter was already full and there was no room in it for us. Instead we re-emphasised our core mission – the care and welfare of our residents, their families and our wonderful staff.
Despite numerous requests and concerns from the community the consensus was that this grubby, ill-informed minority, inspired and inflamed by people who should know better, would eventually be exposed for what they are. The Board of Management of MCRV Inc. is elected by the community of Millmerran, not by Facebook, to act in the best interests of our residents, their families, our staff and the facility in general. We will not be distracted from this mission.
How often do we see people in positions of high office and others who started out as champions of a just cause slip from their pedestals to now being irrelevant. Everything they have worked for is gone. I am sad for the ‘hangers on’, those unfortunate Facebook followers who have been hoodwinked and deceived into joining in on a bandwagon of lies, untruths and misinformation. I am sad for the lack of decency and courage shown by some local people in not asking about the truth – from where the truth lies. It is not on Facebook.
Here are just a few truths.
The leaders of this pack have nothing to do with the management of Yallambee. They, including some locals can’t even get our name right, let alone do they have any knowledge of our staff, our procedures and policies and our day to day operations.
- They know nothing about our care regime and our record and reputation within the entire aged care regulatory framework.
- Apart from one or two, they have absolutely no idea of the general health status of our residents, yet they are quite comfortable to be appalled and disgusted by leaked confidential resident photographs and medical records that are three years old and fully dealt with by the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner.
- They have no idea who was providing medical and clinical attention to those residents at the time.
- They have no idea that Yallambee is owned by the Millmerran community and that the ‘profit driven and egotistical’ Board returns every single dollar earned back into the facility.
Thank God for a ‘profit driven’ Board – it has turned a near bankrupt facility into a healthy surplus earning business with a $6.5 million building project under way.
Thank God that this amazing and creditable turnaround will soon allow us to invest further in more and better trained staff and an even higher standard of care than we already provide. Yes, it is true that our Clinical Care Manager Mrs Maxine Noone and the Board of Management are under various investigations by AHPRA, the Health Ombudsman and the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner.
Strictly confidential documents related to the allegations against us have been leaked and published on Facebook. As advised earlier in this article, the gutter that this sort of criminal and desperate action comes from is full and we will await the outcomes of the official investigations and not be commenting publicly on the allegations.
If you want to know the truth ask a Board member – IT IS NOT ON FACEBOOK.
What are we doing? We have provided all the investigating agencies with hundreds of pages of information related to the allegations against Mrs Noone and the Board. Sadly, the care provided by our staff is now being questioned also. They are understandably deeply upset and we have met with them and offered support and encouragement.
- We have engaged a law firm to represent us and we are strenuously defending all the allegations.
- We have written to our residents and their families.
- We have made multiple attempts to resolve the dispute with the Millmerran Medical Centre – all have been refused and every attempt to secure an alternative visiting service has been thwarted.
- We currently have further attempts underway to resolve the dispute, all initiated by the Board of Yallambee.
- We are in constant contact with Aged Care Queensland and our Accreditation is not under threat.
- We are in constant contact with the Darling Downs Health and Hospital Service regarding an alternative visiting medical service.
- The Board of Management of MCRV Inc. is elected by the Millmerran community.
- The Board was returned unopposed at the AGM on September 25.
- The Board of Management will act in the best interests of MCRV until proven incompetent or removed by members.
Please ring me if you have any concerns. And apparently I have to apologise for bad and offensive jokes.
John Rogers, Board President MCRV Inc. 0407 119 728